Recent interviews and articles quoting me:
- “A gravidade é uma ilusão: o cientista que veio para corrigir Newton e Einstein“, by Tiago Cordeiro (Gazeta do povo), 01/31/2017
- Featured on Japanese TV show “Cosmic Front Next“.
- “Our Impossible Galaxy“, by Stuart Clark (New Scientist, cover story), 03/30/2016
Press releases, articles, and interviews covering my scientific work.
CWRU press release about “One Law to Rule Them All: The Radial Acceleration Relation of Galaxies“
Case Western Reserve University: “Case Western Reserve University research team finds radial acceleration relation holds in all common types of galaxies”
Five coordinated press releases about “Co-orbiting satellite galaxy structures are still in conflict with the distribution of primordial dwarf galaxies“:
Case Western Reserve University (me): “Nearby satellite galaxies don’t fit standard model”
Rochester Institute of Technology (David Merritt): “Map of universe questioned; dwarf galaxies don’t fit standard model”
Swinburne University (Duncan Forbes): “Nearby satellite galaxies challenge standard model of galaxy formation”
Australian National University (Helmut Jerjen): “Milky Way debris came from galaxy collision”
University of Vienna (Gerhard Hensler): “Neues ‘Geburtsszenario’ für Satellitengalaxien” (in German)
- English: e.g. Astronomy Magazine, New Scientist, Forbes, phys.org
- International: e.g. Tähdet ja avaruus (Finland), Espacio Profundo (Spain), O Globo (Brazilian), Teadus (Estonia), Wiener Zeitung (Austria), Tiroler Tageszeitung (Austria)
Royal Astronomical Society press release: “Do the Milky Way’s companions spell trouble for dark matter?“
Based on my paper: “The VPOS: a vast polar structure of satellite galaxies, globular clusters and streams around the Milky Way”. It was picked up by a number of news sites and blogs (in various degrees of correctness), a selection of which we list below. The Finnish Astronomy Magazine “Tähdet ja avaruus” interviewed and even featured me with a photo in their print edition (see photo to the right).
- National Geographic News interviewed me for their article: “Huge “Structure” of Satellites Found Orbiting Milky Way“
- Universe Today: “Newly Discovered Satellite Galaxies: Another Blow Against Dark Matter?”
- Popular Science: “New Study Finds Vast Galactic Network, No Sign of Dark Matter”
- Phys.org: “Do the Milky Way’s companions spell trouble for dark matter?”
- Space.com: “Dark Matter Theories Challenged By Satellite Galaxy Discovery“
- Knight Science Journalism Tracker: “Time Mag, Nat’l Geo: The latest on the rumor that dark matter is merely itself a rumor“
- The Daily Galaxy: “Vast Structure of Satellite Galaxies & Star Clusters Discovered Surrounding Milky Way –Nixes Existence of Dark Matter in Universe” (also mentioned on the Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science website)
- Galileo’s Pendulum: “Is Cosmology in Shambles?“
- In Danish: Astronomibladet.dk: “Mælkevejen har en sælsom “arm” af følgegalakser”
- In Dutch: EOS Wetenschap: “Begeleiders Melkweg ondermijnen bestaan donkere materie”
- In French: Futura-Sciences: “La matière noire pose une nouvelle énigme”
- In German: Welt der Physik: “Keine Dunkle Materie in der Milchstraße?“, Sterne und Weltraum: “Streit um die Dunkle Materie“
Interviewed by Nature.com Blog Of Schemes and Memes:
On the topic of being a PhD student.
Press release by the University of Bonn: “Kosmische Geisterfahrer” (Cosmic Wrong-Way Driver)
Based on my paper “ Making Counter-Orbiting Tidal Debris: The Origin of the Milky Way Disc of Satellites“. The press release was covered by a number of German media, including the print and online version of the local newspaper General-Anzeiger Bonn.
Press release by the University of Bonn: “Local-Group-of-galaxies study raises severe doubts as to the existence of dark matter” (in German)
Based on the paper “Local-Group tests of dark-matter Concordance Cosmology: Towards a new paradigm for structure formation“. This press release generated a lot of attention (articles in the Berliner Zeitung, Frankfurter Rundschau, der Standard and others). In addition to numerous calls by newspaper journalists for background infos and soundbites, I was interviewed for two radio programs, once together with Pavel Kroupa (for “Forschung Aktuell” in the Deutschlandfunk) and once on my own (for “Logo – das Wissenschaftsmagazin” in NDR Info).