In my photographic work, I initially specialized in black and white film photography, having now shifted to digital due to the considerably faster work flow. My work centers on the themes of the unseen/non-seen beauties of nature and how people perceive the world in an unnatural, ordered manner. The latter results in his interest in tourists’ behaviours and the interaction between people and landscapes. My photographic style can be described as a mixture of street photography and a documentary approach, but I am also interested in photojournalism and reportage.
- 2008: „Studio 2008 – Die Arche“, studio for fine arts, University of Bonn: group exhibition, participation with several black and white prints.
- 2007: „Idyll – Eine fotografische Annäherung“, Melanchthon-Akademie: group exhibition, participation with the work “Post-Card Idyll”. Post-Carts for the city of Bonn which show different sides of the usual motives and non-typical sights like the waste treatment plant or the “Stadthaus” skyscraper.
- “Eight Minutes Old“, used to be my personal blog on photography, science and scepticism at 8minutesold.com, but is currently unavailable due to lack of time.
- Marcel’s photos on Flickr: 8MinutesOld (not much to see yet).
- Seen.by portfolio of Marcel S. Pawlowski
- Marcel’s profile 8MinutesOld at the JPG Magazine.