“Phase-Space Correlations Among Satellites in the Local Group”
Tuesday, August 28 at 15.45-16:00 in room E1.
As part of IAU Symposium 348 21st Century Astrometry: crossing the Dark and Habitable frontiers.
- My review of the Planes of Satellite Galaxies Problem:
- The planes of satellite galaxies problem, suggested solutions, and open questions; Pawlowski; 2018, MPLA, 33, 1830004.
- Specific satellite planes:
- The VPOS: a vast polar structure of satellite galaxies, globular clusters and streams around the Milky Way; Pawlowski, Pflamm-Altenburg & Kroupa; 2012, MNRAS, 423, 1109.
- A whirling plane of satellite galaxies around Centaurus A challenges cold dark matter cosmology; Müller, Pawlowski, Jerjen & Lelli; 2018, Science, Vol. 359, Issue 6375, pp. 534-537.
- Planes of non-satellite galaxies in the Local Group:
- Dwarf Galaxy Planes: the discovery of symmetric structures in the Local Group; Pawlowski, Kroupa & Jerjen; 2013, MNRAS, 435, 1928.
- Perseus I and the NGC 3109 association in the context of the Local Group dwarf galaxy structures; Pawlowski & McGaugh; 2014, MNRAS, 440, 908.
- Satellite planes as a problem for LCDM:
- Co-orbiting satellite galaxy structures are still in conflict with the distribution of primordial dwarf galaxies; Pawlowski et al.; 2014, MNRAS, 442, 2362.
- On the persistence of two small-scale problems in ΛCDM; Pawlowski et al.; 2015, ApJ, 815, 19.
- Lopsided Satellite Systems:
- The Lopsidedness of Satellite Galaxy Systems in ΛCDM simulations; Pawlowski, Ibata & Bullock; 2017, ApJ, 850, 132.